what are my rights being wrongly accused of elder abuse at a nursing home?

i have been suspended due to a accusation of abuse i was called in and questioned and signed my statements when i asked what i was accused of and for copies of the documents i signed i was told they didnt have to give me that iformation or copiesn

Answers (1) disclaimer

1200 Brickell Avenue #1440
Miami IL 33131
(305) 444-1565

Seltzer Law, PA

If you have been accused of elder abuse, then you will probably be contacted by the Illinois Department on Aging for more questioning and investigation. You may be charged with physical abuse, sexual abuse, emotional abuse, passive neglect, willful deprivation, financial exploitation or confinement in connection with an elderly individual if the police and investigators can prove that you have committed one of these crimes. Often, people who report elder abuse go to an ombudsman, elder abuse attorney, or authority at the Department before they discuss the issue with the potential offender. Because of this, offenders can often be left in the dark until they are brought to the department for questioning. If you have been arrested for elder abuse, then you will want a criminal defense attorney on your side to help you with the legalities. Paperwork, statements, or information about your offenses can be gathered and sorted through by an accomplished criminal defense lawyer. There may some documents that the Department has the right to keep confidential, but a criminal defense lawyer will have more information about which information this affects. There are a lot of intricate laws which restrict the confidentiality of information in a criminal investigation. According to the Probate Act of 1975, all reports concerning elder abuse can be kept confidential and shall not be disclosed except when they are specifically authorized by the Act of by another applicable law. his means that the Department may be within their legal rights to refuse you information. If you need more information about elder abuse, or if you are on the defensive end of a claim, I recommend that you hire a criminal defense attorney who can help you. Seltzer Law has a criminal defense practice, and we are dedicated to helping men and women charged with elder abuse in the Miami area. Talk to us today if you are interested in our services.

Related Questions

My mom got a pressure ulcer from her nursing home. Is this grounds for a case?

My husband and I both work and can’t give my mom the attention she needs at her age. We put her in a home thinking she would get constant attention ...
answered by Zinda & Davis PLLC - Florida View answers »

What do you do if you see an elderly person in a home with bruising and think they might be abused?

I noticed bruising on their arms that seems like it more than just them bumping into something.I volunteer at the nursing home and am afraid that I ...
answered by Weinstein & Scharf, P.A. - Montana View answers »

Does an abuse case have to be physical?

My grandma lives in a nursing home and even though she is almost 90, she does not seem to be herself lately. She has been much less talkative and ...
answered by The Law Office of Mark Bush - Tennessee View answers »