can I get the home to pay for the trip to the hospital their mistake caused?

My aunt is 72 years old and has a number of health issues. She is in a home and needs to take several medications to help reduce her symptoms. She was given the medication of another patient and this landed her in the emergency room. Not only do I just think they the care the home gave her was not enough, there is now the cost of the medical bills that we are dealing with from their mistake. What does a claim cover? Can we have them pay for the bills they caused?

Answers (1) disclaimer

7456 W. Sahara Ave., Suite 104
Las Vegas CO 89117
Las Vegas Nursing Home Abuse Attorney
(888) 913-9359

Lybarger Law Offices

Las Vegas Nursing Home Abuse Attorney
If a case can be made that the negligent actions of the staff were what caused the injury to occur, then often times a capable lawyer can go after compensation to cover the cost of medical expenses and more. Hospital bills are expensive and when it was the error of a professional that caused them, you do not want to be left paying for them. One of the first steps you will need to take is to retain the services of a knowledgeable attorney. They can carry out an investigation into your claim because not every case is the same so there is never an across the board answer. They can thoroughly evaluate your situation to inquire into if giving your aunt the wrong medication was responsible and if it can be demonstrated that the substandard care they provided was at fault, they may be successful in achieving a positive outcome. Compensation can differ through each claim and sometimes it is given to cover medical bills and future medical payments and sometimes it can even be awarded for the emotional trauma that was inflicted as well. Your first step should be to speak to a professional about the circumstances.

Related Questions

My mom got a pressure ulcer from her nursing home. Is this grounds for a case?

My husband and I both work and can’t give my mom the attention she needs at her age. We put her in a home thinking she would get constant attention ...
answered by Zinda & Davis PLLC - Florida View answers »

What do you do if you see an elderly person in a home with bruising and think they might be abused?

I noticed bruising on their arms that seems like it more than just them bumping into something.I volunteer at the nursing home and am afraid that I ...
answered by Weinstein & Scharf, P.A. - Montana View answers »

Does an abuse case have to be physical?

My grandma lives in a nursing home and even though she is almost 90, she does not seem to be herself lately. She has been much less talkative and ...
answered by The Law Office of Mark Bush - Tennessee View answers »